Tuesday, September 20, 2011

If I had money I'd live...

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. More like, Litchfield, South Carolina. Most people have heard of Myrtle Beach, but Litchfield is not too far from Myrtle Beach and it is heaven on earth. It is warm, the air is fresh, the ocean water feels like a warm bath, and I was in the company of wonderful peeps. Will and I met up with his awesome parents, his hoot of a sister Emily and bro in law Adam, and of course, the one and only Grand Janie.


Huntington Beach. I saw an alligator. Frrreaky.

Enjoyed a night on the pier.

I am telling you, that 4000 mile drive was completely worth it. We laughed, we ate, we BEACHED, we ate some more, we laughed, we slepped, we vacationed, we ate, and we just had a wonderful time. I like to close my eyes when I'm anywhere stressful and just picture everything about this trip and my troubles begin to fade. It really was that much fun. I really haven't been to a place quite like this one. Honestly, we had a very special schedule, especially when Emily and Adam were there (they left early), we'd get up every morning, take a light jog on the beach (by the way, I was sweating buckets on these runs...the air is so beautifully moist there, I felt 10 years younger, HA!), we'd get back from our run and eat a hearty breakfast (consisting of grits (of course), turkey bacon, fresh fruit, and eggs), rush to get in our get-up (beach-wear), make some delectable sandwiches, and take a stroll in our GOLF CART to the beach.

When we'd get to the beach, we would then proceed to dig a hole for the umbrellas. How to dig a hole (Adams way) 1. Use a childs shovel. 2. Dig until you see water or China. 3. stick the umbrella pole in the hole 4. Bury that pole with sand. 4. TAMP IT. TAMP IT. TAMP IT. Tamp? I never heaard of the word until this trip. I will never forget. nor will Will, because we say it all the time now. Thank you Adam and Adam's assistant. (aka Emily) We read on the beach, we sunbathed, we were sunpoisoned (just kidding, but we did get burnt), we ate those delicious sandwiches and picked out all the M&M's from my trail mix, we played frisbee (mostly the boys did, Will, Dad, and Adam), and swam in the bath until we were all pruiny. It was great. Just ppperfect! We basically beached it up until we could beach no mo. And you know it's not possible to not beach, so we beached until work and school so rudely interrupted our vaca.

Boys planning their frisbee strategies Photography by e. Kunz



BEACHERS! BEACHERS! BEACHERS!





We ate delicious home fried shrimp and fresh okra. I love the South. I'm okay if I live there. Really. It was that good of a time. It was very sad when it came to an end. It was like a mean grouchy old man came up to me and stole my giant lollipop right out of my hand, and I have not stopped crying since. Actually, today I have not cried, but sundown may take it's toll on me. We'll see.

Forgot to mention crabbing. We crabbed for crab, obviously. Wow, crabbing for dumb crab, apparently makes you dumber. This is the gesture for crabbing, I just made that up b.t.dubs.

We experienced some exciting weather while we were at the beach, I think it was the effects from the hurricane. Well anyway, we were in the ocean one day (shocker) and it began to downpour and thunderstorm, we proceeded to get out of the water and grab our schtuff, but the hardcore beacher that Emily is, was not leaving. She is a beacher and will be a beacher until she dies. You know like those feminists, she's like a beachist. Intense. The funny thing is, she was staying and nobody would stop her even if they wanted to, (well maybe lightning) because lightning struck not too far from us and we booked it off the beach into our baby golf cart. Not to worry, the storm came and went about 30 min later and Emily, Will, and I were out on the beach once again. You can take the Emily out of the ocean, but you cant take the ocean out of Emilly. Is that right? Ah, who gives a care. It was a blast and that's all that matters.

Civilian on the left (me) and Beachist on the right (Em)
Photography by e. Kunz

I married a gent, he was protecting his momma from the rain.
Photography by e. Kunz (I'm giving you the credit that you deserve, aight e.)

The best part of this trip was seeing Grand Janie! She is a hoot, feisty, hilarious, and more with it than I am. You can't get anything passed her. She really was the highlight of this trip and I'm so grateful I got to finally meet the woman Will talks so highly of. I miss her already!






Grand ole time. Can't wait for next years beach trip!!!

5 comments:

marlowe said...

You make me miss it so! Can't wait till ours in June. Three whole fantastic weeks baby!!

Marci LeBaron Watson said...

Wish you could've been there with us, Marlowe. But, not when you tell me you get three whole weeks! (but, really, I wish you could've been there with us)

Marci LeBaron Watson said...

Well, actually Marlowe. It was almost as if you were with us because we quoted Eliza for a week and a half, "I outta bed! I outta bed!"

e. said...

And why did we come back to reality!?!? TAMP IT! TAMPON! This was an excellent post and I'm COMPLETELY partial. I'm going to bookmark it and read it when I'm feeling stressed. Shall we do it again? Say, next year? PS Your bathing suit is AMAZING. So beeping cute.

Marci LeBaron Watson said...

Aha! I knew "Tamp it!", sounded familiar. TAMPON! You're brilliant, Em! I'm gonna have to go with hells yes we're doing this trip again next year! And, I am allotted a swear word now and then. Don't hate, just appreciate. Thanks for the beeping compliment, you were my inspiration, it reminded me of your cute red one.