Monday, September 19, 2011

Possibly...

I could possibly be the worst blogger that exists. I have a good reason though. I'm trying to get an education and blogging is considered to be a distraction...I know, I was like, "whaaa, blogging? No!" Anywho. I am back for a minute just to recap my summer, that really didn't feel like summer. Felt more like a long labor filled semester of disgusting school. I did pass all my courses and I'm feeling pretty good. Although, I am back in school for one more semester and then I apply to the nursing program. If only that day would get here sooner.

Here's the juicy part of this post. Will and my trip across the country to go see his sweet Grand Janie (pictured below: who insists she has a meanstreak, yeah right, who does she think she's fooling?)

Photography by Emily Kunz (aka my sis in law and y'all should really check out her blog, because she is the funniest person I know, not even joking right now.)

Will and I are horrible. We did not get as many pictures as we had hoped. I mean, you decide to drive across the United States, you would think to keep your camera in hand, ready to shoot the heck out of everything. Yeah, NOPE. We are fools and were WAY too lazy to pull our camera out of our suitcase. Poor unfortunate fools. It's cool, I'm okay with dissing on myself, so is Will.
(Funny story: During this time I was using a topical cream for my acne, which causes my skin to be ultra sensitive. Well, I wanted to rid myself of my bushy unibrow before our trip so I got my eyebrows waxed. Yep, when she waxed my brows, she took a chunk of skin. Nasty I know, and so you can see in this picture, I have a grotesque scab between my eyebrows---What a beautte!)

We embarked on our journey across the country on the eve of August 12th. Yeah, in the evening folks. Will is crazy (a good kind of crazy), but crazy, and thought we could drive all night, taking shifts, (i.e. I drive, he sleeps...vice versa) and I was like, "Who do you think I am, some kind of insomniac foo?" Well, anyway, we attempted to take shifts and drive through the night. I think I made it about three hours, so we swtiched, and then Will drove for about 1 hour and said, "You were right, this is much harder than I thought." So, we proceeded to camp out in our car somewhere in Colorado. Can't remember where, oh wait, probably cause it was 3 'o clock in the morning!

So we slept about 4 hours, woke up, brushed our teeth in the nasty rest area bathroom, and continued on wheels to our next destination. We drove through Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, small chunk of Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, all the way to our beautiful destination Myrtle Beach, SC. So y'all know, I am really condensing this adventure. Sad, but I'm sure you don't want me to bore you with EVERY detail.

(St. Louis Gateway Arch)

Let me back track a little. We took a minor detour to the Appalachian mountains, because we brought all our hiking gear 2000 miles so Will could show me where he used to camp as a young lad. Ain't that presh? He was a lot of fun to be with during this time because he seriously was like a "little schoolboy, a schoolboy who desperately wants to make love to you!" Oh gosh, quote time, you get a golden ticket if you can tell me what that's from! Man, I got off course for a second. Will was so excited. It was like he was home again, on his terrain, you could've punched him in the kidneys and he would've given you a hug, that's how happy he was!







(That right there, behind us, is the Blue Ridge Parkway-->>couldn't ask for a more beautiful view)

It was beautiful. Did I mention, that is was beautiful? I don't think so, IT was BEAUTIFUL! Much prettier than I had imagined. I want to be there right now. Minus the dirt and the fact that our TFD (tinfoil dinners) did not cook worth a darn because everything is so wet in that part of the country, our fire lasted but 5 minutes. It was a good ole time, that's for sure.

I'm going to have to continue this because it's getting a little long for me....

6 comments:

cHelsEy N mOrgAN said...

MARCI!!! you look great! i'm so jealous! your pics are making me want to go camping :)

e. said...

Where is that tiny tent!?!? BEAUTIFUL pictures. And I'm super glad I got to be a part of your "long labor filled semester of disgusting school" summer.

Zach & Lindsey Boskovich said...

Sounds like you guys had a really good time. That is way nice to take a fun trip before you have to hit the books again. :)

Jen said...

Finally! I need to know every detail. Forget school and give me the goody!

Marci LeBaron Watson said...

Chels-face: Thank you and yes, I should say the same for you...miss perfect pregnant body. I'm excited for you and can't wait to meet your little baby girl!
e: HA! My summer was complete because I shared it witchoo. Cheeseball, coming through!
Lindz: It WAS the best trip and I can't wait to see you. Roommate reunion asap!
Jen: Details are coming your way. I just posted a gianormous post on most everything. I did scrimp on a few details, but I'll tell you in person. Because I get to see you SOON!

Jani said...

Darling photos of you and Wil! Grand Janie is adorable...such beautiful eyes!What a wonderful trip for you two!