Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Count Your Sheep...I Mean Blessings!

I do not know about the vast majority of people out in the world because honestly, not everyone is going through what I'm going through. Wow, that sounds rather melodramatic. Not my intention. What I mean is, not everyone is in everyone's boat. I mean, depends on the boat you're in, could be a yacht, steamboat, fishing vessel, canoe, etc. You catch what I'm putting down, right? I hope so. Alls I'm saying is, I don't think we put enough thought towards little or big blessings in our lives.

When I was in high school, I was an optimistic kind of girl. I was also a homebody, I truly loved being home with my parents. That's probably why I didn't have my first kiss until my 19th b-day. I'm fly like a white girl! AND a big fat nerd. Anywhayz. My parents and I would be headed to the movies, and man, I would get so happy and enthusiastic that I'd start professing my love for all the blessings in my life. Like, "I love our family! I love that dog that's peeing the grass! I love that lamp post! Oh! I love air conditioning!" Just random thoughts that seemed to pop out at me in the moment. But, it made me so happy whenever I would pour out my heart to those blessings that have made my life a bit easier or that would just put a smile on my face. I haven't done that in awhile.

That's probably why I've been complaining more because I'm devoting my feelings to things I don't have or maybe I have these unmet expectations that get me down, so I choose to complain about them rather than turn them into something positive. Not going to lie, it's very hard to do when you are already in upset/disappointed mode. I believe that if you start applying your efforts toward happy thoughts or start expressing how much you love *insert random blessing*, I truly believe it will turn your life around. Honestly, this is for me! But, whoever reads this and wants to make some positive changes, I think this would help. It has already helped me in the last 20 minutes of looking on the bright side of things.

On your mark, get set, GO be positive!

No comments: