Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mom

Mother's Day is not too far away. Which has me thinking, I not only get to be celebrated on my birthday, but when I become a mother, I get to be celebrated on Mothers Day too. Score!

That's not really what's going through my noggin'. As Will and I become more married than we were yesterday, we are that much closer to becoming parents . I mean, no, I am not currently pregnant and we aren't trying just yet. I'm the kind of person that thinks ahead. This is me thinking ahead. I want to be the best parent. How do you prepare yourself for such a gianormous calling? I guess you can educate yourself, spirutally prepare for those little ones, and pray that you will be able to guide those little souls into a world separated from the one we live in now. If that makes ANY sense. I'm getting deep. Uh oh.

I just know we live in a very wicked world, but also a beautiful one at that. We just need to learn how to dodge certain temptations that will cause us to stray away from the righteous path. I am very excited to become a mother. When that day should get here, I want to be a mother that my baby can depend on, a strong woman. I am the youngest of seven children, and I watched my mom at her happiest, saddest, and strongest times. I loved her the entire time, even the times where she didn't know if this was the right job for her. She inspires me to be a great mom. I can't wait for her to be the grandmother of my babies. I also want to give credit to my mother-in-law. Sweet woman. Devoted to her entire family. 9 children! Will talks very highly of his mother, makes me appreciate her even more, especially for raising such a sweet boy, I mean man! Mothers are wonderful women, that possess beautiful talents, and that's being able to nurture, support, and love unconditionally.



"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers."
-Rudyard Kipling

No comments: