Sunday, January 30, 2011

It was bound to happen...

Will and I were asked to speak in church today. I mean, we weren't asked today to speak today, because that would be awful and we don't do impromptu. We were asked two weeks ago if we could speak today, and we accepted the mission. We somehow had to force ourselves to embrace the topic we were given and go with it. I thought it wasn't too shabby. Will was ten times more petrified than I was, but he did even better than me. It was almost as if we were competing on who had the better talk. Which isn't a bad idea because it forced us to prepare our talk and make it sound good. Will won, which I was totally okay with. He definitely took more time in preparation, which was very impressive and a great example to me. If you were wondering, we spoke on Prepare Every Needful Thing. Great topic for this time in our economic state. Will and I got the strength to speak without feeling nervous because we made a pact that we would picture everyones face in the congregation as Will's or mine. For instance, if I were speaking, I'd place Will's face on everyone elses face, so it was as if I were giving my talk to just Will. Will said he pictured my face when he was looking at the bearded man, the baby, and the asian woman that are in our ward. Creepy, but it works. All I can say, is I'm glad I'm sitting on my tushy, about to eat some Chicken Mahkani (Indian Butter Chicken) and Naan (Indian flatbread). My life is good. Real good. (nacho libre)

2 comments:

CHancock21 said...

Congrats surviving the talk! Now you have like at least 3 more years until your next one--guaranteed :)

KaRynn said...

Yay for getting it overwith! There's an ongoing joke in my ward that my bishop calls all the newbies in the ward to give the talks and THEN decides what their calling should be. ;D But seriously, I'm pretty sure that's how he does it. I'm glad it went well for you! I miss you Mac!