Friday, November 11, 2011

Mrs. Leavitt

My beautiful twin is officially married off to the love of her life! I couldn't be happier for her. Minus the fact that she is vacationing in the beautiful state of Hawaii, as we speak. Lucky sod! I just wanted to give you a peek at what Kelli looked like on her wedding day. Her adorable friend, Whitney (who is actually Kelli's husband's (B) best buddy) used her cool camera to get this shot of us ladies in the bridal room. We had a lot of fun getting primped for walking down the aisle.


(I think it's also funny that Kelli is friends with brunettes only. I am the only blondey in this photo.)

Oh, and forgot to mention, Kelli and I got our make-up done by the artists at Mac. Mini-funny-story. The girl doing my make-up made it perfectly clear that her life's obsession is make-up. And, she made no bones about how good she is. She kept saying, "Let me do my magic, because I've been doing this for years, I'm a professional!" I was like, "aight, I place my trust into you Miss Profesh!" So, she went at it. She was going for a vintage look, you know, cat-eye look. Yeah, I do not know much about style and fashion. But, this was one of those learning experiences for me. I really liked what she put on my eyes. Get this, she put fake eyelashes on me as well. I was starting to get scared at this point. I couldn't recognize myself when she'd hand me the mirror. Now for the cherry on top. She went with red lipstick. I NEVER wear anything on my mouth, except strawberry chapstick. I hate lipstick. BUT, Kelli said, "Marci, do it for me!" Oh no she did not just put a guilt trip on me since she was getting married. Well, she did and it worked. I let her slather me with lipstick. I was nervous because I've never seen myself with lipstick on before. It was not good whatever she did. Turns out she made fake lips on me. I looked like a TRANNY. A man dressed as a woman. It was just awful. I didn't make any sudden movements because the make-up lady was so proud of her work, I didn't want to shatter her dreams as a "professional artist." So, I kept my lips sealed, literally, because she caked that schtuff on my lips. Paid the lady. And booked it to the ladies room. It felt good to wipe that junk off. I only removed the lipstick, everything else I really liked, if you were confused. Now I know what I could dress up as for next Halloween. No y'all, I won't dress-up as a tranny, I just know I'd make a good one. I wish I had gotten a picture because it was pretty funny.

I would like to say, it was so fun going with my sister to get our make-up done prior to her getting married. It was our last bonding moment before she became a married woman. I loved getting to look at Kelli while she was getting plastered with make-up. I love that girl.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You look so stinkin hot! Love the dresses by the way!

Marci LeBaron Watson said...

GIIIIIRL! Thank you. I can't wait to see you in a week and a half. And, I JUST saw you!